13 March 2009

Shiney new business cards!

My new black swan business cards arrived back from print this week.. yay! (spot the graphic designer..) It's funny how after designing for clients you're always itching to do something for yourself, but when it comes down to it self-promotional work can be just as much hard work if not more! (And it doesn't particularly help being a perfectionist..)



The cards are printed on a matt laminate paper stock, which is very tactile and feels lovely to touch. I had my last batch of cards printed on this, and quietly observed people unconsciously running their fingers over the card's smooth finish while we were chatting!



Also pictured, another one of my new photo brooches that will be debuting at Craft 2.0 in Wellington, April 11th.

4 comments:

CARINA said...

your card is beautiful!! Im extremely jealous :)

I know what you mean, designing stuff for yourself is almost mission impossible! i struggle

Mel said...

Thanks Carina!
Yes, self promotion is a bit of a nightmare.. I'm updating my website soon which is both exciting and daunting at the same time!
You have some lovely things on your blog.. I especially liked the guess who posters!!

Miss Smith said...

The business card is certainly lovely, and I agree it begs to be touched. I love love LOVE my brooches- thank you! Have been getting lots of comments on it all week!

Mel said...

Yay, I'm so pleased you like them!