07 January 2009

Bee-utiful summer weather

Well, here we are in 2009.. hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years. I'm currently enjoying my Summer holidays (3 weeks off, which is the first time in I'm not sure how many years, at least around 10) and with temperatures in the 30˚s I have the tan to prove it! There has been much reading and pottering, and as little computer time as possible while I get my annual intake of vitamin D. I have also invested in a lovely new 60mm macro lens, and spent an afternoon chasing bees around the backyard, from which I have compiled a little bee montage..



The last week of my holidays holds a photographic road trip to the top of the South Island, round the Nelson area, so there will be many new panos coming soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is some great macro photo's. If you're in the Nelson area and like taking pics of old sheds and houses make sure you got out into the hop country, Upper Moutere - Dovedale. Old hop kilns look amazing. Really lovely work you have.
Amanda

Mel said...

Thanks for the tip off. I've just returned from my trip up Nelson/Golden Bay way and had a ball taking pics of all the old abandoned houses. It's such a gorgeous part of the country, and I imagine is lovely to live in.