15 May 2009

A crafty Saturday in Lyttelton...

What better way to spend a balmy Chistchurch afternoon than with a trip to Lyttelton... a well made soy flat white, gourmet veggie sandwich and a side of locally made craft.
My primary purpose was to pop in and visit my new stockist Pocket. Carolyn has a lovely wee store, tucked away down an alleyway off London Street. It's great to look around and recognise the wares of so many local makers on display. I'm really starting to the get the feeling that craft is the new black...



Apparently my brooches have been a real hit with the males, which I find curious...



Another lovely shop worth visiting is Portico, at 48 London Street, which will be stocking my Cherry Blossom design brooches sometime in the near future. Maree from Portico, also gave me a great tip-off to a little old abandoned house up on the hill, as we got talking about photography. She has an image on display at the moment in COCA... so many talented people about!

2 comments:

Ana said...

Hi Mel,

It's Ana from Ami Ana here - do you sell through both Pocket as well as Portico?

Cheers,
Ana

Mel said...

Hi Ana,

Yes, Portico sells my Cherry Blossom exclusive brooches and Pocket has my kiwiana brooches, and the 2 shops are at opposite ends of London Street in Lyttelton.

Mel : )